Delta Line XRF Analyzers Introduction
DELTA Handheld XRF Analyzers provide fast, non-destructive elemental analysis from Mg to U, from PPM to 100%. Used on location for immediate results, they help determine the next course of action, when and where it’s needed. Get HHXRF when time is of the essence or materials cannot be transported, damaged, or altered.
Delta Line XRF Analyzers Details
The DELTA brings the power and flexibility of handheld X-ray fluorescence spectrometry to the field. Ruggedized and ultra portable, this dramatically fast 24/7 technology provides accelerated testing times, allowing for hundreds more tests to be conducted per day with analytical confidence. The DELTA series analyzers are configured with powerful miniature X-ray tubes, Si-PIN detectors or highly advanced Silicon Drift Detectors (SDD), specialized filters, and multi beam optimization for the ultimate in XRF field analysis. The DELTA’s real overall value is to help make decisions in real time with minimal reliance on off-site laboratory testing.
Enjoy a long term relationship with your DELTA handheld XRF. Olympus Innov-X is the only handheld XRF manufacturer to offer a truly upgradeable platform. As your analysis needs change, the performance features of your existing DELTA can be incrementally increased as well.
The DELTA Professional
With New X-act Count Technology
The DELTA Professional provides excellent performance in speed, LODs, and elemental range. It is housed in an industrial designed body ruggedized to demanding environments. It provides the best mix of durability and analytical performance with lower cost of ownership.
The DELTA Professional Incorporates everything you need in a handheld XRF with state-of-the-art innovations and a rugged design.
Optimized DELTA Configuration
- New X-act Count Technology
- Silicon Drift Detector
- Automatic Filtering
- Application Specific Tubes
Enhanced Analytical Performance
- Light Elements and Alloys
- Mg, Al, Si, and S Sensitivity
- Transition and Heavy Metals
- Rare Earth Elements (REEs)
- Fast Measurement Time
- Broad Elemental Range
- Low Limits of Detection
- Outstanding Precision
The DELTA series handheld XRF analyzers are configured with powerful miniature X-ray tubes, Si-PIN, or highly advanced Silicon Drift Detector (SDD) detection, specialized filters, and multi-beam optimization for the ultimate in XRF field analysis.
The DELTA Premium with advanced 40kV tube and large area SDD detector is best for ultra quick, analytically demanding applications, such as trace levels and light elements in low alloy steel, soil, mining, and metallurgical samples.
The DELTA Professional with a 40kV tube and SDD detector is the best value solution from Olympus for handheld XRF analyzers. It provides superior performance in speed, LODs, and elemental range.
The DELTA Classic Plus with a 40kV tube and Si-PIN detector is ideal for simple applications. It provides quick ID, screening, sorting, and elemental and metals analysis.
The DELTA Element is the entry-level DELTA, built for economy and fast ROI for basic alloy identification and metals analysis.
Rugged, High Performance Handheld XRF
See and feel the DELTA difference. Our analyzers are compact and robust from probe to trigger to display, with sophisticated XRF technology that\\\’s better, faster, and more responsive. From initial boot-up to the final result, the DELTA is the optimum solution for all your analytical needs. The DELTA line gives you the ultimate experience in field-portable handheld XRF analysis, providing fast measurements with accuracy, precision, detection limit, and light element measurement capabilities built into a compact single-chassis frame wrapped in robust industrial-grade body casing.
Incorporating Everything You Need in Handheld XRF with State-of-the-Art Innovations – The DELTA line from Olympus Innov-X
- 4 W X-ray tube, 200µA current (max) plus optimized beam settings
- Tight geometry for exceptional LODs and high analysis throughout
- Large-Area SDD option plus customized X-ray provides exceptional light element sensitivity
- Patent-pending automatic barometric pressure correction adjusts calibration as needed
- Lightning fast bootup and data acquisition: Faster testing, more results
- Floating Point Processor: Provides more calculations in less time and leverages more advanced calibration algorithms
- Integrated Bluetooth for data input and output
- Ergonomic rubberized handle for enhanced grip
- Analysis indicator lights visible from 360°
- Bright, responsive, color touch screen display
- Accelerometer technology puts the unit into sleep mode when not in use to conserve power; logs impacts for tool management
- USB interface port for high-speed data download and seamless PC control
- Hot Swap: the rechargeable battery can be replaced without having to turn off or re-standardize the unit.
Docking Station with Automatic Charging and Calibration Check
The unique DELTA Docking Station means not ever having to power down the analyzer. The station charges the analyzer battery and a spare, and performs periodic calibration checks. The analyzer can be removed at anytime for immediate testing.
Tough on the Outside
Ideally suited for field work, the DELTA is equipped with our trademark weatherproof, dust proof, protective housing.
- Ruggedized casing manufactured to industrial standards – no PDA or movable screen for superior reliability
- Superior field use ergonomics with rubberized grip for ease of handling during all-day use
- Large, rear-facing, motion-responsive, transflexive touch screen for clear viewing; automatically brightens in sunlight
- An external heat sink engineered for extreme temperature and high-power use
- Time-saving hot-swappable batteries – enables rechargeable battery to be replaced without having to turn off or re-standardize the unit
Smart on the Inside
Engineered with advanced technology, yet so simple to use. The intuitive user interface makes navigation easy for both non-technical and more advanced operators.
- Up to 4x improvement in light element analysis resulting from the DELTA\\\’s custom 4W, 200µA (max) X-ray tube
- Up to a 10x improvement in speed and throughput thanks to state-of-the-art electronics, a floating point processor, and redesigned analytical geometry
- Time-saving, auto-calibration feature built into our exclusive docking station, eliminating the need to stop testing for standardizations
The DELTA is engineered to be utilized for in-service inspection of high temp systems with temperatures in excess of 426oC (800oF)
- The DELTA\\\’s industry-exclusive heat sink dissipates heat away from the XRF electronics
- The DELTA can be used for longer durations in hot environments
- Facilitates enhanced reliability of key XRF electronic components
- Provides faster cooling of electronics after exposure to high temperatures
Product Package Options
The DELTA CAMERA & COLLIMATOR Package is optionally available with a full VGA camera, autofocus and zoom capable, providing instant sample imaging and archiving. The integrated camera takes a live video image of the sample tested and superimposes a spot location for precise test location. The collimator allows for electronically controlled small spot (3mm diameter) focus, in addition to standard spot size analysis. This option is ideal for highly focused sample analysis such as the analysis of thin weld beads independent from substrate materials, small fixture components, wires and solders.
The DELTA brings the power and flexibility of handheld X-ray fluorescence spectrometry to the field. Ruggedized and ultra portable, this dramatically fast 24/7 technology provides accelerated testing times, allowing for hundreds more tests to be conducted per day with analytical confidence. The DELTA series analyzers are configured with powerful miniature X-ray tubes, Si-PIN detectors or highly advanced Silicon Drift Detectors (SDD), specialized filters, and multi beam optimization for the ultimate in XRF field analysis. The DELTA\\\’s real overall value is to help make decisions in real time with minimal reliance on off-site laboratory testing.
Software & Accessories
- Waterproof Carrying Case
- Two (2) Li-ion Batteries
- Electronic User Manual and User Interface Guide and Printed Quick Start Guide
- Docking Station
- Mini USB Cable
- 316 Stainless Steel Calibration Check Reference Coin
- Ten (10) Spare Windows
- Integrated Wrist Strap
- DELTA PC Software
- Factory Authorized Training & Support
- XRF WorkStation for mobile benchtop use
- Soil Foot facilitating hands-free In-sltu testing
- Soil Extension Pole offering ergonomic In-sltu testing while standing/walking
- Belt Holster
For more information on The Delta Line please visit our Knowledge Center.
- Alloy QA/QC
- Consumer Product & Safety
- Corrosion Surveying
- Cultural Heritage
- Hazardous Materials
- Metals & Alloys
- Oil, Gas, Petrochem
- Pharmaceuticals & Supplements
- Scrap & Recylcling
- Weld Inspection
- Medical Device
- Power Generation