Frog 4000 GC Analyzer Introduction
Defiant Technologies’ FROG-4000TM is a hand held micro system for detection of benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, and xylenes (BTEX) and other volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in water, air, and soil.
Frog 4000 GC Analyzer Details
Specialized Materials and Components Enable Bench Top Quality Results
The FROG-4000TM miniaturizes components used for analytical chemistry. The system incorporates a micro preconcentrator that is coated with a designer nanoporous material. The micro preconcentrator has an integrated heater for thermal desorption. Defiant’s micro GC separates target analytes in less than 5 minutes. The micro GC column also has an integrated heater for temperature ramp chromatography. Ramping the temperature reduces the analysis time and aids in the separation of late eluting compounds. The detector is a miniature PID (10.6 eV). Chemical name and concentration can be viewed on FROG-4000’s LCD display, or the user may watch the chromatogram real time on a computer. FROG-4000 includes a micro-SD card to store results from the field. Data can be downloaded from the SD card for further analysis at a later time.
- Designed for realtime portable analysis of VOCs in water, soil, and air.
- Can be used as a portable GC PID for environmental testing in the field, in a mobile lab, portable lab, or in a commercial environmental lab.
- System has a micro preconcentrator, micro gas chromatographic (GC) column, and a photoionization detector (PID).
- FROG-4000 scrubs ambient air to use as the carrier gas.
- Display provides VOC identification and concentration.
- SD cards stores field analyses.
- Chromatography software for data analyses.
• Pharmaceutical VOCs
• Non methane organic compounds
• Priority Pollutants
• Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs)
• Other VOCs
- Groundwater Monitoring
- Fuel Dilution
- Site Investigation
- Remediation processes
- Oil Spill in Sea water
- BTEX & Acetaldehyde in carbonated beverages
- Surface Water Monitoring
- Vapor Intrusion
- Process Monitoring
- Soil Gas
- Industrial Hygiene
- Indoor Air Quality
- Acetaldehyde and BTEX in Carbonation
- VOCs in personal care products: hairspray, straighteners, etc
- Fence line monitoring
- Soil Vapor Extraction Process Monitoring
- Soil Vapor Monitoring
- Minimize Dig and Haul Operations
- Soil from Land-farming
- Solvents in Pharmaceutical Products
- Crude Oil through Methanol Extraction
- Food products: cereal, chips
- Styrene in packaged foods
- Soil Monitoring
- Environmental Remediation
- Site Characterization
- Adaptable for IAQ
- Process Monitoring
For more information on The Frog 4000 please visit our Knowledge Center.