GoldXpert XRF Analyzer Introduction
The GoldXpert is a stylish countertop analyzer fit for the consumer showroom environment. Designed to be compact and lightweight, weighing only 22 lbs (10kg), the GoldXpert can be transported easily to wherever testing is needed. The GoldXpert gives accurate chemistry and karat results within seconds. XRF is a widely used, proven, and accepted method of chemistry analysis and determination of purity and fineness of precious metals. XRF analysis is a multielemental testing alternative that is quicker and less expensive than fire assay and chemical tests. XRF provides on-the-spot analysis of your silver, platinum, and PGM metals and impurities, making it an easy way to boost customer confidence and ensure dealer reliability. Given the current high value of gold, quantifying its fineness and purity is more critical than ever. Whether you buy gold, sell or produce jewelry, fabricate metal, or recycle scrap metal, you need a fast, highly accurate method to determine karatage (gold content) for quality control and pricing. The Innov-X GoldXpert XRF analyzer is an easy-to‑use, cost-effective method to obtain alloy chemistry and karat classification with one nondestructive and nonintrusive test. See our website: goldtesting.ca for more detailed information.
GoldXpert XRF Analyzer Details
Nondestructive Precious Metals Assay and Karat ID
XRF is a widely used, proven, and accepted method of chemistry analysis and determination of purity and fineness of precious metals. XRF analysis is a multielemental testing alternative that is quicker and less expensive than fire assay and chemical tests. XRF provides on-the-spot analysis of your silver, platinum, and PGM metals and impurities, making it an easy way to boost customer confidence and ensure dealer reliability.
Given the current high value of gold, quantifying its fineness and purity is more critical than ever. Whether you buy gold, sell or produce jewelry, fabricate metal, or recycle scrap metal, you need a fast, highly accurate method to determine karatage (gold content) for quality control and pricing.
The Innov-X GoldXpert XRF analyzer is an easy-to‑use, cost-effective method to obtain alloy chemistry and karat classification with one nondestructive and nonintrusive test. Additionally, an exclusive GoldXpert software feature helps identify gold-plated objects and sends an alert to the screen.
- The GoldXpert is designed to be compact, taking up minimal countertop space.
- An attractive design suitable for the showroom floor.
- An easy-to-use analyzer providing karat and compositional analysis results with one push of a button.
- Accurate chemistry and karat results within seconds.
- Innovative feature to help identify gold-plated objects
- Quickly and easily create result certificates (with optional PC software).
- Testing chamber window and interior enabling continuous sample viewing for utmost customer security.
- Optional battery for on-the-road testing when you take the GoldXpert along with you during visits to customers and vendors.
- The GoldXpert can be networked for easy access to testing results as they are being generated.
- The analyzer is a safe and secure closed-beam system that requires minimal training (varies by country).
With the GoldXpert XRF Analyzer:
- Price cash-for-gold pieces quickly and accurately
- Identify and characterize a wide range of alloys including silver, platinum, and others
- Identify poison elements in samples
- Manage quality control of refining and melting operations
- Be alert to possible gold plating
The GoldXpert XRF analyzer is ideal for pawn shops, cash-for-gold operations, the jewelry industry, museums, archaeological sites, coin collectors, scrap recycling, and more.
Features and Benefits
- Powerful 4 W X-ray tube provides reliable and accurate analytical performance.
- Speed: Delivers fast results within seconds.
- Portability: Can be powered by a compact battery for on-the-road analysis.
- Easy and accurate measurement automatically adjusts for the shape and size of the sample.
- Automatic karat determination.
- Large data storage capacity for test archiving.
- Easy data export and reporting for immediate certification generation.
- Integrated camera and small spot collimation for focused analysis and sample image archiving
- Completely nondestructive testing method.
- Innovative feature to help identify gold-plated objects
The GoldXpert is equipped with an articulating sample holder arm, for securing and oriented samples for analysis. The Sample Holder is ideal for small component and mixed-metal jewelry testing.
- On-the-spot gold karat classification, 0-24 kt.
- Identification of impurities.
- Accurate compositional analysis of platinum, silver, and other precious alloys.
- Verification of gold content in scrap metal.
- Determination of gold and silver content in coinage.
- Identifies and analyzes unknown metals for pricing, or even lead screening.
- Gold plating identification
The GoldXpert is available in two configurations: the standard GoldXpert and the high-performance GoldXpert SDD. The GoldXpert SDD is equipped with an advanced Silicon Drift Detector, enabling better precision and sensitivity for the most critical of applications.
The GoldXpert SDD offers a two-fold improvement in precision and sensitivity over the GoldXpert. For example, for a 20-second long test on an 18 kt gold standard, the GoldXpert will yield an Au precision of ±0.125%, while the GoldXpert SDD will yield an Au precision of ±0.067%. Longer testing times provide better precision. Shorter testing times can be utilized for rough, approximate analysis.
The GoldXpert SDD is recommended for refiners who need the utmost in analytical precision and fast reading times. The standard GoldXpert is suggested for general karating and trading applications.
GoldXpert Accuracy for Au and Ni in Certified Gold Alloy Standards
The GoldXpert Countertop XRF
The Compact Professional Precious Metals Testing Solution
The GoldXpert offers the best of both worlds. A handsome countertop analyzer fit for the consumer showroom environment, it can also be networked for high productivity QA/QC jobs. The large chamber door opens quickly with a push of the large front trigger. The GoldXpert can also function as a portable analyzer when powered by a rechargeable Liion battery pack. Compact and lightweight, and weighing in at only 22 lb (10 kg), the GoldXpert can be transported easily to any location where testing is needed.
- Operates completely independent of a PC
- Leaded-glass viewing window for easy viewing of a sample in the chamber
- Integrated camera indicating sample analysis points
- Safe, closed-beam XRF system
- Small spot collimation for analysis; ability to switch between 3 mm and 10 mm diameter spots with a simple tap on the touch screen
- 4 W X-ray tube, 200 µA current (max), plus optimized beam settings for accurate analysis
- Small desktop footprint:
267 mm x 310 mm x 340 mm
(10.5 in. x 12.2 in. x 13.4 in.)
(with door closed)
- LED-lit sample chamber:
125 mm x 210 mm x 180 mm
(4.9 in. x 8.2 in. x 7.0 in.)
- Analysis indicator light with 360° visibility
- Portable operation with optional battery for mobile off-site use
- USB interface port for high-speed data export, printing, external keyboard and remote control
- Responsive, bright, color touch screen display
- Silicon PIN Detector system standard. Silicon Drift
Detector system available for optimized precision on trace elements.
The GoldXpert comes equipped with an integrated CMOS camera, which records sample images to memory along with analysis results for report generation.
The X-ray beam collimation is utilized for measurement of small components and samples. A simple tap on the touch screen in camera view activates the 3 mm diameter collimation, and an on-screen indicator shows the operator exactly where the analysis spot is focused. Collimation can be easily reverted to a 10 mm diameter for standard bulk analysis.
Exclusive Plating Alert Feature
The GoldXpert has an exclusive feature that detects possible gold plating or coating when screening gold pieces. The GoldXpert analyzes for this possibility concurrently with composition of the piece. This feature allows the GoldXpert to alert the user if it determines that there is a possibility of gold coating or plating.
Data can be exported easily to spreadsheet format, and the memory can be accessed remotely when the GoldXpert is networked via its Windows CE operating system. Customized result and reporting certificates, including analytical results, an image of the tested sample, the company logo, and more, can be generated via the optional PC Software with the click of a button.
Precious Metals XRF is a widely used, proven, and accepted method of chemistry analysis of precious metal samples and karating of gold. XRF analysis provides a cheaper, quicker and more accurate testing alternative to fire assay and chemical tests, and is ideal for pawn shops, cash-for-gold, jewelry manufacturing and more.
Scrap Recycling, Metal, Glass, & Plastic Scrap refiners and recyclers need fast and accurate materials analysis and identification. Our portable and automated XRF analyzers sort scrap metal, plastics, and glass and offer precise, dependable compositional measurements faster than ever before, even for aluminums and light alloys.
- Gold (Au) for testing purity and karatage
On-the-spot gold karat classification, 0-24 kt
- Gold (Au) to be tested for purity and fineness of precious metal content
Identification of impurities
- Platinum (Pt) for testing and assaying of precious metal content
Accurate compositional analysis of platinum, silver, and other precious alloys
- Scrap Gold (Au) to be sold as cash for scrap metal
Verification of gold content in scrap metal
- Silver (Ag) coin
Determination of gold and silver content in coinage
- Gold (Au) and Silver (Ag) Identify and analyze unknown metals for pricing, and even lead screening
For more information on The GoldXpert please visit our Knowledge Center.